ATTENTION RAHWAY SENIORS:
Please be advised of the following mandates from the State of New Jersey and the City of Rahway amid the Coronavirus COVID-19. PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE IN HOURS AND LOCATIONS OF THE SENIOR TRANASPORTATION SERVICE
Senior Transportation Service
Still active but only for groceries:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00am- 9:00am to Acme in Clark
- Wednesdays 6:00am- 7:00am Shoprite in Clark
- Previously scheduled doctor visits (non-emergent)
- Prescription pick up
The Senior Transportation Service can be contacted at 732-669-3605
Wellness Calls for Seniors
- If you are a Senior, or know a Senior that would like to be added to our Wellness Call list please email email@example.com or call 732-669-3600. Leave a voicemail if calling after 4:30pm or on weekends.
- Wellness Calls check in to make sure residents are okay and address a range of questions and concerns, provides information on the free Senior Transportation Program to grocery stores offering Senior hours, and provides the latest; most accurate resources and up to date information.
Special Needs Registry
The Rahway Police Department has created a Special Needs Registry to ensure all Rahway residents who may be in need of special assistance are able to get the help and support they need in a time of emergency or during interaction with Law Enforcement, Fire or EMS personnel. For more information and to obtain a registry form, please visit our website at http://www.rahwaypolice.com/special-needs-registry-2/
Important contact information to note:
- If you’d like to speak to a person over the phone regarding questions or concerns regarding COVID-19, you can call NJ 211 by dialing 211 or 1-877-652-1148.
- If you have any mental health concerns, you may call NJ Disaster Mental Health Helpline at 1-877-294-4357 or NJ MentalHealthCare 1-866-202-4357.
- Rahway Food for Friends, a food pantry you can utilize if needed, is located at 1221 New Brunswick Ave. and can be contacted at 732-381-7201.
The City of Rahway also provides text alerts of all announcements from the City regarding COVID19. You can sign up for the City of Rahway’s Emergency Notification System – NIXLE – by visiting cityofrahway.org or nixle.com and entering the Rahway zip code 07065.
Previous Updates Regarding Closures
- The Community Garden and Tennis Courts will be closed effective immediately, until further notice.
- The Rahway Senior Center will be closed until further notice. This includes all senior events including AARP tax preparation services and the Senior Citizen Prom.
- The Rahway Public Library is closed until further notice.
- The mobile Meals on Wheels program will continue at this time. All remaining Meals on Wheels congregate sites will be closed until further notice. Individuals 60 years and older, who live alone, and are not able to shop or prepare meals may be eligible to receive home delivered meals through the Meals on Wheels program. If you are in need of this service, please call Meals on Wheels at 908-486-5100 for more information.
- ALL casinos, theaters, gyms and recreational businesses are closed
- All bars and restaurants will be closed. These establishments can open for takeout or delivery services only.
- Rahway City Hall will be closed to the public effective Tuesday, March 17th. Rahway City Hall will remain operational. Reopening to the public is anticipated on April 6th with shortened hours and limited in-person services.
- Any tax payments can be made electronically, by mail-in check or dropped in the drop box located outside of the Rahway City Hall parking lot entrance.
- Any permit applications can be dropped off in the drop box located outside of the Rahway City Hall parking lot entrance.
- The Rahway Municipal Courts have suspended in-person court sessions until further notice. The Violations Bureau will also be closed. Payments can be made electronically, mail-in check or placed in the drop-box outside Rahway Police Department.
- Garbage and recycling collection will continue.
- The City of Rahway will be suspending parking meters Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
- All parking permit payments must be made electronically