Mesorah Publications/ Artscroll, the largest publisher of Jewish literature in the world, located in Brooklyn, NY, is relocating our operations to a new 160,000 Sq. Ft. facility in Rahway, NJ. We are currently seeking to hire candidates to support our printing, bookbinding and warehouse operations. The superior quality of our printing and binding is in great part a result of our employees’ commitment to maintaining our high standards. These standards, coupled with our state-of-the-art facility, makes Mesorah/Artscroll the industry leader in book publication.
A career at Mesorah is an opportunity to become part of our ambitious team, have a chance to learn from, work with, and grow within a group of industry leaders. We are always looking for creative, bright, hard-working individuals to join our team!
We are currently seeking to hire Digital Printing Machine operators, Book Binding Machine Operators, and Warehouse/plant support personnel. All new hires will be trained in our NY facility during a transition period for several months preceding our move, to ensure minimal downtime during our relocation to NJ.
Previous printing/binding experience is a plus, but we are open and willing to train the right candidates.
The Printing or Bindery Machine Operator is responsible for efficiently and accurately processing jobs/materials as required by the job ticket. This will be dictated by production schedules & workflow within the plant & will be in a manner consistent with all employee procedures as well as the general safety in the use of the machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Machine Operator
- Review job specifications before setting up jobs – type/ size of book, page counts and all relevant details. Stacking/ packing requirements.
- Pre-set guides and gauges and load materials as required per machine.
- Jog printed sheets into positions, loading sheets / covers onto feeders as necessary for production.
- Adjust machine during production run as required for adherence to specifications.
- Check for any damages, marking, wrinkling etc.
- Ensure product is produced to all specifications while adhering to quality standards, and packed properly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Warehouse/Plant Support Personnel
- Pick & pack customer orders by pulling stock, packing boxes and placing orders in delivery area. Experience in shipping a plus
- Operate material handling equipment such as Electric Pallet Jacks, Hi-lo, rolling ladders
- Must be able to lift over 50lbs and be willing to work OT when needed.
- Must be able to read and write English and perform general warehouse duties as assigned.
- Experience in a time sensitive printing and production environment
- Experience with printing bindery machinery
- Team and goal oriented; and, must be very detailed oriented
MESORAH EEO Statement:
Mesorah is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Mesorah does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To request an application or for more information, please email a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org