If you suspect you have COVID-19 symptoms, there is an online self-assessment tool, developed by the State of New Jersey, that will help you determine whether or not you should be tested. You can access that self-assessment tool here. If you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19, including fever, coughing and difficulty breathing, please call your primary care physician before going anywhere and follow the physician’s advice.
The City of Rahway has been taking precautionary measures in order to protect it’s residents and essential employees.
- City Hall is closed to the public until further notice. However, City Hall will remain operational by phone and email. Appointments are available to come into City Hall, but must be made in advance with individual departments and be subject to pre-screening
- The municipal courts will remain closed for in-court sessions until further notice. Violations can still be made electronically or via check.
- Any tax payment can be made electronically, by mail-in check or dropped in the drop box located outside of the Rahway City Hall Entrance
- Any permit applications can be dropped off in the drop box
- All Zoning and planning board meetings are canceled until further notice
- Garbage and recycling collection will continue
- Garbage MUST be bagged – Recycling will remain lose in cans
- The City of Rahway has suspended meter parking and alternate side parking. Street sweeping will continue to be in effect, please move your car off the street if possible.
- The Rahway Public Library will be closed until further notice
- The Rahway Recreation Department will be closed until further notice
- Regarding SUEZ-Rahway
- SUZ offices are closed to the general public. Customers who pay bills in person must utilize online payment or pay by phone
- Field service appointments, including meter changes, are suspended. Field staff will lonely perform emergency or critical work
- SUEZ Rahway will strictly be focusing on emergency related work; including main breaks, service leaks that may cause property damage.
Information on Unemployment Filing
- Unemployment Certification Schedule
- Guidance for Self-Employed Individuals
- Self-Employed NJ Workers: Frequently Asked Questions During The Coronavirus Emergency
- UCEDC Loan Pre-Qualification Application
- Information regarding Rahway CARES Program
- COVID19 Update 5/22/2020
- Small Business Association Paycheck Protection Program
- Governor Murphy Executive Orders
- COVID-19 Self-Assessment Test
- Information for Businesses
- Small Business Guide to CARES Act
- Union County Testing information
- Click here for Rahway COVID19 updates
- Rahway Businesses Amid COVID19
- CDC Corona Virus Fact Sheet
- CDC Stop The Spread of Germs
- COVID-19 City Hall Contacts
- Wellness Calls for Seniors
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers
- A Coronavirus Pandemic Resource Guide for New Jerseyans
- Recommended Guidelines for Apartment Complexes in Response to COVID-19 Crisis