How Can I Get A Handicap Parking Spot In Front Of My Home?
  1. A valid license plate or placard from the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission is required.
  2. Submit a copy of your NJ Driver's License, Vehicle Registration, Handicap Parking Placard, and an authorization letter from your physician or prescription to the City Clerk's Office, along with a completed online form.
  3. Following approval from the Rahway Police Department Traffic Bureau, the request must be approved via ordinance by the Rahway City Council. The designation of the parking space becomes official 20 days after adoption of the ordinance.
  4. After the 20 day period has elapsed, the Traffic Bureau will install the necessary signs.
  5. Please note that the on-street handicapped parking space is available to any motorist with a valid handicapped plate or placard, not just the resident who may live at that location.

In all, the process can take 8 to 12 weeks from the time requested, depending on the factors above.

Show All Answers

1. What Is An OPRA Request, and How Do I File A OPRA Request?
2. How Do I Apply For A Marriage License Or Obtain A Copy Of One?
3. How Do I Apply For A Death Certificate Or Obtain A Copy Of One?
4. How Do I Become A Notary Public?
5. Does Rahway Allow For Cannabis Businesses?
6. Does Rahway Have Rent Control?
7. How Do I Get A Copy of My Deed?
8. Can I obtain a photo ID card from the City?
9. How Can I Get A Handicap Parking Spot In Front Of My Home?
10. Are There Any Limitations On Parties, Use Of Lawn Equipment, and/or Maintenance Equipment?
11. Where Would I Get Bid Information?
12. Does The City of Rahway Allow Short Term Rentals?
13. Do I Need A Permit For A Party Bus?
14. I have a question on a ticket or my court appearance