- Municipal Clerk
- Election & Voter Registration Information
Election & Voter Registration Information
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE NOVEMBER 8, 2022 ELECTION
The locations of three polling locations in Rahway have been moved for the November 8 General Election. The Ward 2 polling site has been moved from Franklin School to St. Thomas the Apostle Church Hall at 1410 Church St. The Ward 3 polling site has been moved from Roosevelt School to Knights of Columbus #1146 at 80 West Inman Ave. The Ward 6 polling site has been moved from Madison School to American Legion Post 5 at 581 Maple Ave. The remaining voting locations are as follows:
- Ward 1, Districts 1 & 2 Rahway Recreation Center, 275 East Milton Ave.
- Ward 1, Districts 3 & 4 Kennedy Apartments, 224 West Grand Ave.
- Ward 4, Districts 1-3 Rahway Recreation Center, 275 East Milton Ave.
- Ward 5, Districts 1-4 Rahway Senior Citizens Center, 1306 Esterbrook Ave.
Voters are reminded to check their sample ballots when the arrive in the mail for the location of their specific polling site. Polls are open on Election Day between 6 am-8 pm.
The deadline to apply by mail for a mail-in ballot is Nov. 1 and the deadline to apply in-person at the County Clerk’s Offices in Elizabeth and Westfield is 3 pm on Nov. 7. Applications are available online or at the County and City Clerk’s Offices, and completed ballots may be mailed or deposited in the secure drop box located next to the Recreation Center no later than 8 p.m. on Nov. 8.
The Rahway Recreation Center will once again be an early voting location for all registered Union County voters. Voters may cast their ballot at the Recreation Center on the following dates and times:
Saturday, October 29, 2022: 10am – 8:00pm
- Sunday, October 30, 2022: 10am – 6:00pm
- Monday, October 31, 2022: 10am – 8:00pm
- Tuesday, November 1, 2022: 10am – 8:00pm
- Wednesday, November 2, 2022: 10am – 8:00pm
- Thursday, November 3, 2022: 10am – 8:00pm
- Friday, November 4, 2022: 10am – 8:00pm
Saturday, November 5, 2022: 10am – 8:00pm
- Sunday, November 6, 2022: 10am – 6:00pm
Click here for additional information on voting and elections