Municipal Clerk

The City Clerk is charged with the maintenance of all public records, including agendas, minutes, resolutions, and ordinances of the Municipal Council. The City Clerk is also responsible for issuing various licenses and permits. 

If you have inquiries about tickets, violations or court, please visit the Municipal Court.

Open Public Records Act (OPRA)

If you are looking for building permit history (including open and closed building permits), use our SDL portal to look up information, or use the form below to request access to those records, as well as Property Record Cards; Code Violations; Tax Payment History; Vacant Property Listing; Tax Lien List; and other records.

Many OPRA Requests are for the same property or report. You can view an archive of recent responses.

Obtain a Handicap Parking Space

Municipal Code Book

View the laws and regulations of the City of Rahway.

Municipal Council

Names and contact information for your City of Rahway Council members.

Vital Records

Birth or Death Certificates, Marriage Licenses, and Dog Licenses are available through the Department of Health.

Notary Public

Information on becoming a New Jersey Notary Public.

Other Information

Can't find what you're looking for? Try checking the Frequently Requested Forms and Information page.